Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Subscribe to my blog via email

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

Our Daily Bread Designs Bread Basket

Friday, November 19, 2010
Happy Friday Everyone!  The weekend is upon us and I just can't tell you how relieved I am that it is here.  This has been a rough week and I am looking forward to taking it easy this weekend.  Thanks to so many for their emails and messages of support and prayers after the passing of my very dear friend, Ruby. Words can not express how much the support and prayers meant to me!  The services went very well and really were a beautiful testimony of the life Ruby lived as a very strong and Christian woman.  God did grant me the ability to sing the song she chose at the memorial service without tears and I did have a voice although now I have a rotten cold, a day later, and have bad larynjitis and coughing fits.

Anywho...today I have two cards to share with you.

The first creation is one I created with the adorable Mother's Love available at Prairy Fairy!  I am greatly honored to have been asked to guest design this week with these fabulous images for this week's Prairy Fairy Friday challenge.  Thanks for this opportunity Roberta!!

This week's challenge is to used buttons and bow on your creation.  Here is my creation:

For my creation, I used the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge sketch which I flipped on it's side.

I colored the image very lightly with copics and used Stampin Up Baja Breeze and a scalloped oval to sponge my sky.  The dp is from Stampin Up Candy Cane (current) and Parisian Breeze (now retired).  The sentiment is from Whimsy's Sentiment collection: Winter Letter seals (designed by Ann from Raindrop Echo designs).  I embossed my background with the Snowflakes background from Cuttlebug and added lots of sparkle to my image.  The punched border is a new EK Success Snowflake border.  The image and card is framed with white glitter paper.  While it is hard to see in the photo unless you click on it, the edges are also sewn.

For more inspiration for the buttons and bows challenge at Prairy Fairy or to submit your entry, please visit the Prairy Fairy blog.

My second creation is for the Wags n Whiskers, lavender and lace challenge hosted by the sweet and talented Vicky!!



Don't forget the Wags n Whiskers challenge is now open. Anyone can play along and you DO NOT need to use a Wags 'n Whiskers image.


Each challenge we have two prizes:

One random participant will win a

Wags 'n Whiskers Rubber stamp of their choice.
Any entry using a Wags 'n Whiskers image on their card will be entered into a drawing for a W'nW Digital stamp of their choice!!

Therefore, anyone who uses a Wags 'n Whiskers image will be entered into both prizes of a rubber stamp and a digital stamp!!

The only requirements are that you link directly to your challenge project - not to the main page of your blog. You must have a new project (no back linking) and you must link your card to the challenge post.
If you do not have a blog, you can still enter the challenges by uploading your cards to an open gallery such as Splitcoaststampers.
Here is my creation using the adorable Zoe and Gemma's snow fun which I colored with copics. The layout uses the Midnight Madness Sketch.
"YOUR CHOICE"
The sentiment is from Whimsy's Sentiment collection: Winter Letter seals (designed by Ann from Raindrop Echo designs).  the background is embossed with Snowflakes.  The ribbon is from May Arts and is silk.  The lace is purchased from JoAnn Fabrics.  The dp is Basic Grey.

For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my dt sisters:


If you join the challenge, please leave a direct link to your creation here.
Challenges:
Pollycraft challenge: Glittery Christmas (both)
Delightful challenges: Baby It's cold outside
Prairy Fairy Friday challenge. buttons and bows
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge sketch
Midnight Madness Sketch.- Card 2
Incy Wincy:  Rock On!  "Its Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!"
Pile It On:  Friend and Family Holiday!  Christmas scene!
RRR:  Christmas Theme!
Stamps R Us:  Sparkles and Scallops!
Anything Goes:  Emboss It!
Gingerloft:  Great Outdoors!
Paper Sundaes:  Pick Your Toppings(ribbon, blue, punches, and embossing for card one)!
Secret Crafter:  Sparkle and Shine
C4C63:  Christmas Card!
Creative Belli Challenge: (Something Old, New, and Blue)!
Gingersnap:  Sewing Notions(button, sewing)
saturday challenge - sparkly and shine
Mark's finest papers
- a snowflake

  the abc challenge - H is for holiday
Meljens Designs = #34 Sparkle & Shine
The Crafty Pad = #97 Christmas Sparkle
Sweet Stampin  Snowflakes (card 1)

There' Magic in the Air ~ Glitter, Ribbon and X-mas (project 1)
2 Sisters Challenge Blog #13 ~ Christmas (both)
Crafty Calendar - Winter Snowflakes (card 1)
Freshly brewed- show off your style (sewing with layers and details) 
Stamp with Fun- square (card 1 0r 2)
Wild Orchid- Blue Christmas (card 1)
Fussy and Fancy - Christmas without red or green (card 1 or 2)
Sentimental Sundays- Childhood with a sentiment (card 2)
Bee Crafty- digi and Christmas (card 1)
Tip Top Tuesday- Buttons (card 1 with a snowflake button)
CCEE- buttons (card 1 with a snowflake button)
Pixie cottage- sketch OR ribbons and bows (card 1)
Stampin for the Weekend- Winter


I hope you have a great day!!  Thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comments!!

hugs,

77 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Chris,
Thanks for sharing these beautiful creations. As usual your work is gorgeous.
I'm so pleased that everything went well but hope you feel better soon.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous hun, I love the kitty he is really pretty! Fab LO & choice of DP!
Thank you for sharing with us at Gingerloft this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Frea said...

Gorgious cards Chris! Love the colours of both, and love that W & W image! Greetings, Frea

Swaantje said...

Hallo Chris,
thank's for the lovely comment on my blog.I was very happy.
Your cards are wonderful.
The first stamp is lovely..a very wonderful card!
You have beautiful colors used.
The second card is so sweet, the
image is cute..
Wonderful work..

Have a nice weekend with your family..
Many greetings
from Swaani

Jan said...

Chris,
What beautiful cards and the little polar bear card is amazing!

Tracey said...

WOW! These are both gorgeous cards Chris!! Love them!! xx

Adrina said...

Oh wow, both cards are so beautiful.
You're so talented Chris!!
Thanks for joining the Pixie Cottage this week.
Adrina XX

Dorcas said...

Awwwwww love the sweet polar bears! So cute!

Denise said...

What a sweet image. Love the beautiful colors and gorgeous designer paper. Your lace is lovely! Nicely done!

Thank you so much for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Denise P.
MMSC Design Team

Chrissy D said...

Good morning Chris - these are such gorgeous projects - the flecks of glitter around the bears is just the right amount of "winter" - beautiful stitching too! I need a bigger stamp room to hold everything!!! LOL Have a great day!

Annika said...

oh my gosh, I just coloured up that polar bear image but might just have to scrap it! No way could I come up with anything near as breathtaking as your creation!!
Hugs
Annika

Anneke said...

Oooh, what a wonderful cards Chris!!
So beautiful!! I love the polar bear :)
Hugs Anneke

Davi said...

Chris you card is so wonderful! I love the colors and dp you used with the sweet image. Thanks for sharing with us at the Pixie Cottage this week.

amanda stokes said...

Two stunning cards Chris,love the images,colours and paper's on both and all that fab stitching!:)
hugs amanda xx

Nanda said...

Two wonderful cards! I like them both alot. Thank you for joining The Pixie Cottage Challenge.

Riet said...

So beautiful cards Chris,I love the images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Amy Johnson said...

What beautiful and elegant Xmas cards! I love the images! Great color choics and papers to go with the first card. And I love the lace trim. The second card is simply adorable with the stitching and pink embossed papers.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. I'm so glad your voice held up for you to be able to sing at her funeral.

Autumn Mist said...

Your card is beautiful, but I have to say, the stamped image is one of the lovliest I've seen since I started cardmaking, it really is exceptional.

Alyssa S said...

Beautiful work! Gorgeous little bear card!

*Vicki* said...

AWW!! Chris, that bear image is so sweet!! I love your pretty design on your card!! The WnW image is darling too!! Beautiful colors and design there as well!! Hope you have a lovely weekend friend!!HUGS

Holly said...

Chris, both of your cards are so cute! I love the first one - the layout and the soft coloring with just a hint of sparkle is so charming. I love the crochet trim you used on your second card!

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Chris, OH! this is adorable! what a lovely image. Your papers and color combos are fabulous. Great take on the sketch. Thank's for playing along with us this week in our Stamptacular sketch challenge. Hope to see you again soon.
Hugs,
Danielle

Tina said...

Gorgeous cards! I am always astounded at the amount of detail you include on your cards.

Pops x said...

Aww sweetie these are just gorgeous i love your colours, husg pops x x

CraftinGranny said...

The are absolutely gorgeous Chris. Always love your designs and cards, so intricate and beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration. "Hugs" Carol

CraftinGranny said...

Oh Geez Chris, I forgot to thank you for sharing these fantastic cards with us at Paper Cupcakes this week. Thanks and Happy Turkey Day! "Hugs" Carol

Patricia Garcia said...

Hello Chris, Sorry to hear about your Friend...Big Hugs your way!! Beautiful card...

Hugs,
Patricia

Debbi said...

I'm so sorry about your friend, Chris. My prayers are with you.
Your cards are so pretty. I trust you will have a quiet weekend and will feel better soon!
*hugs*
debbi

Pat said...

Two absolutely gorgeous cards Chris, love the cute polar bears image. Thanks for sharing at Paper Cupcakes this week.

Pat xx

Abi said...

Sorry to hear about your friend, my thoughts go out to you. I adore both of your cards, so very beautiful. Thanks for playing along with the Sweet Stampin snowflake challenge x

Saskia said...

Lovely to see your work at Freshly Brewed Challenges! Your style is great!!

Greetings, Saskia :)

Meghan said...

Mom,this is great I love the image,ribbon,brads,bow,
sentiment,and lace!
Hugs
Chris

Cor* said...

Chris. I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your dear friend. I try ( like the plague) to avoid these touchy subjects. Hope you are feeling better after singing your heart out for her. I wanted to say thanks for joining us this week as our GDT at FFF! Your creation is soft & magical! Definitely a mothers love!! Take Care.

Sadilla said...

Wow, so cute images!!!! =))) you make so beautiful cards dear!!!
thanks so much for entering the Pixie Cottage challenge!
hugs
Sadia

Niki Estes said...

Very pretty! I love the circle sentiments and all the lace. That polar bear image is so sweet!

Jodi said...

Chris these are just beautiful! I love both cards!! Your coloring, papers and stitching are always so pretty!
Hugs
Jodi =)

♪♫♥ Charity Crafter ♪♫♥ said...

REally lovely cards x love all the different elements x Thanks for joining us at TOP TIP TUESDAY x Leigh x

Lorraine said...

Absolutely beautiful. Thanks for taking part at The Crafty Pad this week.

Marlene said...

Gorgeous cards, Chris. Those bears are so beautiful.

I'm so sorry about your friend, Ruby. May she rest in peace.

Grace said...

OMgoodness Chris these are both adorable! I REALLY love the bears and that sketch with the blues is just wonderful! Cute snowman image and great take on the MMS too!
Rest!
Hugs,
Grace

Mel X said...

A fabulous creation.

Thanks for joining us this week at the Secret Crafter and good luck.

Mel X

mforquer said...

Wow - both of these are fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Meljen's Designs this week!
Melissa

Cheryl said...

I love what you did with this sweet image. Your card is gorgeous.

Thank you for joining our CHILDHOOD challenge at Sentimental Sundays

~Cheryl~

redwasher1 said...

Gorgeous card!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Speedy's Friends.

Gale Varland said...

Both cards are great! I love them. The polar bear image is excellent. Great colors etc. Thanks for playing with us at Gingerloft Challenges. :) Gale

HappyCrafter said...

Wow, these are both fabulous! I especially like the polar bear one, talk about sweet! Glad you played along with us this week at Sentimental Sundays :-)

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous cards Chris,thankyou for joining us
at Delightful Challenges,
Hugs Dianne xx

Cheryl said...

there is only one word to say when I come onto your blog hun and that is stunning,your cards are just amazing,you are so taleneted hun
bless you for playing at the pixie cottage,hope too see you again soon love hugs cherylxxxxxxxx

Michele said...

Such gorgeous cards Chris. Love the details you've used and the designs also. Hugs Michele x

Tracy said...

wow these are both stunning, i especially love the first one the image is adorable. Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft, Tracy x

itsabrt said...

Oh Chris these are both so amazing Wow!!!! I love that cute images and those designer papers are terrific!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Chris - both cards are stunning, and so perfectly coloured. Beautiful BP too. Thank you so much for joining us again at Sentimental Sundays.
x Sylvia x

alicaz said...

oh wow! Love the polar bear card! The image is adorable and I love the contrast between light blue and black papers!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Kelly said...

Wow Chris this card is spectacular. You are very gifted. I took the opportunity to look at your blog and you are amazing. Thanks for being a GDT with FFF.

paola said...

Your work is just pehenomenal! i am humbled to be leaving you a comment, thanks so much for joining us at the Pxie cottage
smiles
Paola

Anne said...

Two beautiful cards with great details! The bear image melted my heart =) Thanks for playing with us at the Pixie Cottage!

Hugs, Anne

Bonnie - Really Reasonable Ribbon said...

Beautiful cards Chris. Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

Caroljenks said...

Amazing cards Chris - as usual!

So glad all went well for the service and you managed to find the strength.


Thanks for joining us this week at Top Tip Tuesday for our Buttons challenge :)

Carol x

Nilla said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for playing this week at Paper Cupcakes! Hugs Nilla

Stacey G.- 2 Craf-t-4u said...

Two beautiful cards! The polar bear is very cute! So sorry you have been sick and very sorry about your friend.

Karita said...

Your card are so beautiful! :)
I love that polar bear image , it´s so adorable and your card design is fantastic.

Thank you for joining us at this weeks SSC and hope to see you again :)

Hugs,
Karita

Andrea said...

Great card - wonderful color and motiv. Thanks for joining stamp with fun.
Big hug
Andrea-Emmi41

my little scrapping corner said...

G O R G E O U S!! I'm in love

thanks for playing with us at Pile it on

my little scrappingcorner
DT pile it on

Denise @ kc242 said...

Hi Chris, Wow what a beautiful card! I love all of your fine details! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the pixie cottage.
Denise
PC-DT

Denise @ kc242 said...

Hey Chris! Your card is perfect for the Midnight Madness sketch this week. Wonderfully elegant details! Divine
Denise
MMDT

Donna said...

Lovely cards with a cold theme. I love your image! Thanks for playing along with the "cold" challenge at Delightful Challenges.

Laura said...

Stunning card!!!I love it all.Thanks for sharing it with us at stamps r us.

Suzi said...

Two stunning cards, both images are adorable and the colour combo's are amazing. I love all the little extras you have added. Thank you for joining us at The Pixie Cottage this week, good luck in the draw.
Hugs
Suzi x

Darsie Bruno said...

So sorry about your friend, Chris! Your cards are just too fabulous! Love the colors you've chosen! Thanks so much for playing with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge and I hope you'll join us next week for another fun sketch!
Hugs, Darsie
MMSCDT

Priscilla said...

Hi Chris..I am so sorry to hear the sad news..my heart goes you to you and your friends family. Your cards are always top notch and this week is not exception. Your take on the sketches are always spot on and your quality of workmanship is outstanding.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

artish said...

Love your card. i said "awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww" when i saw it.
the big snowflake in the bow's center is pawfect!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you for sharing at the pixie cottage!

Katie said...

Fabulous card!
Thanks so much for playing in The Pixie Cottage this week :)

Jane said...

Oh how gorgeous!!! love the polar bears and such beautiful colours! thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp, hugs, Jane xxx

Tanya R said...

These are wonderful. Love the snuggling bears though, warms my heart for sure. Thank you for playing with The Pixie Cottage this week. Love the ribbons and bows.
Hugs
Tanya

Heather said...

Your cards are stunning! I love the stitching and the beautiful embellies.
They are precious!!!
Thanks for sharing your STYLE at Freshly Brewed Challenges!

Beautiful Greetings said...

Absolutely stunning cards Chris! thanks so much for playing with the Pixie Cottage.

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

Another adorable sets of cards from you Chris. I don't know how you do it. These are as adorable as the others and the embellishments are fab! I love the detail you put into your creations and it really shows the love you have in what you make. Well done! Again thanks for playing with Gingerloft Challenges.

Followers

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.