Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Subscribe to my blog via email

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

Our Daily Bread Designs Bread Basket

Friday, October 15, 2010
Hello all!! I hope you all are enjoying the same nice weather as we are here.  It is nice and clear and crisp.  No humidity and cool enough that you can go out with a sweatshirt and be comfortable.  I love these days.  I am enjoying them since this weekend appears that it will be much cooler and rainy.  I went on a bike ride with my girls yesterday just to enjoy the weather.

Well it is time for another Wags n Whiskers challenge!!

This week's challenge is hosted by Jeanette
and her challenge is: Halloween!!

Now, this may seem like a hard challenge since we don't specifically have "Halloween" stamps.
But if you look at my uber talentedl Design Team sisters samples, you will see that just a minor change such as Purple, Orange, and Black colors or add a few spiders and ta-da...a Halloween card!!
A random winner will receive one free Wags 'n Whiskers stamp of your choice!!
But remember, you must use a Wags 'n Whiskers image (digi or rubber) to be entered into the drawing for the prize.
And if you would like to be a guest for our next challenge, add "DT" next to your name when you enter this week's challenge.

We don't celebrate Halloween  as much here but creating cards for it is fun!!  I used the adorable Wags n Whiskers Angel Whispers image illustrated by Crissy Armstrong and altered it to create a Halloween Witch scene.  I added a sticker hat ( I never use stickers but this was perfect!!) and a broom.  I did not use the flying butterflies from the original stamp but instead had her catch a Spider from the K&Co. Halloween paper.  I used real stitching to adhere the glitter paper to the card and faux stitching on the top dp.

card recipe:
stamps: Wags N Whiskers-Angel Whispers image
Papers: K & Co. Halloween
Accessories: Stickers from stash, oval punches from SU, Classic and Scalloped circle nestabilities, copics, silver baubles, piercing tool


Challenges:
Let's Ink It up- halloween colors
Cupcake Craft- Scary creatures
Fussy and Fancy- Halloween
Stamp Something- Something punchy
Stamping Vacation Occasion Oasis - Halloween
Crafts and Me - Halloween
Stampin Royalty - Halloween
Creative Cottage - Halloween
Wee Memories - Halloween
Alys - Halloween
I Did It - Halloween
Karber Weekly - Halloween (and a digi)
Bee Crafty - Halloween (and a digi)
Stempel Magie - Halloween
Everybody Art - Halloween
Card of The Week - Halloween
Inktegrity - Halloween
Penny's - As Long As It Flies (Witches Fly?)
Cupcake Craft - Scary Creatures
Haunted Design House - Simply Sinister
Lexi's - Spooky
Fresh Brewed - Purple and Black
Ooh La La - Nothing Floral
Sisterhood of Crafters - Bling
Sweet Stampin - Bling
Going Grey- going 3D  Speedy the Cat- Stripes 
For Fun - Something I've never used before ( Halloween stickers)
Corrosive - Clean up the Dust (broom sticker I have had in my stash forever and the dp)
Wild Orchid-Stitching
My Sheri Craft - In Stitches
The Pixie Cottage- stitching
Little Red Wagon - Something Old and Something New(old dp and new glitter paper)

Just a reminder, my birthday blog candy for my followers ends TODAY, Friday, at midnight.  The winner will be announced next Monday. I really would love one of my daily or faithful followers to win it.  If you have not yet signed up for it, click here.
 Candy one:

Candy Two 
-which may be worth as much monetarily but is the most personalized and fun is:

A customized rubber stamp with your name and blog address from Whimsy stamps.  Here is a photo of mine!!  Of course yours would have your name.  You can see the many examples here.


For more examples of the Halloween challenge at Wags n Whiskers please visit my dt sisters:
Melanie, Sharon, Karen Michele, Jeanette, LaceyDebs, Tracy, Barbara,
Carolina, and Mariska and this week's special guest- Rozzy

To add your creation of Halloween using a Wags n Whiskers image, click here.

Thanks for stopping by today!! I hope you enjoyed my creations . Have a great day!!

blessings,

85 comments:

Christine Riley said...

This is absolutely adorable, I love how you turned this image into a Halloween image. Love the shape of your card and all the details.
Hugs, Christine

Crystal said...

Oh my word Chris I LOVE this!!!! I can't express how stinkin adorable this is...FABULOUS colors and I LOVE how you made her for Halloween how creative, adorable and soooo super fun!!!! You rock sweetie!!

Patti J said...

Love it, dear friend!!! SO cute, and such a great idea making a Halloween image from one not meant that way!!! You are so stinkin' clever!

Becky said...

This is adorable Chris!! love the colors (of coarse) and all the great details.

Marjon said...

Absolutely adorable,love the black and purple.
And the image is so sweet.

Grtzz Marjon

Bobbi said...

This is so cute. I love the broom.

itsabrt said...

Crystal you are my easel card idol! This is so wonderful and that yummy purple ribbon WOW! Beth

Grace said...

This is sooo cute Chris!!! LOVE this cute easel shape and how clever you are to use that spider!!!! I'm loving it and what a perfect fit that hat is!!!!

Patty said...

Oh, this is just as cute as it can be. All of the elements you have used make this easel card a very charming greeting.

Chrissy D said...

This reminds me of a clam! LOL Stuffed with pearly goodness inside! GORGEOUS -

Tina said...

So cute Chris! The colors are so intense and the image is so sweet.

Berenice R. said...

So cute! Thank you for playing The Karber Weekly Challenge :)

dolcreations said...

I absolutetly love how you have made this image into a Halloween image...love the little broom. You are so CREATIVE I tell ya! I love the Halloween colours!

Lori said...

This is fantastic, I love the purple ribbon, gorgeous and your colouring is always fabulous!

Cassie said...

What a fun Halloween card, Chris! I love that little image, and the round card is perfect ;D

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I am so impressed with your skills! LOL Seriously, this is awesome!

Nicola said...

Fabulous easel card and ooh what a refreshing change to the normal ones we see. Love your colour combo and alteration into Halloween from this adorable image. Great work as always Chris.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Jodie from Oz said...

Hi Chris, your card is spooktacular, the image is adorable, you are so creative, the wiches hat is perfect & I love shaped cards. Hugs Jodie from Oz

Minta's Creations said...

I love this card! I have not done too many shape cards yet. Did you create this on your gypsy? I Love it! too cute! Thanks so much for sharing you are very talented.
Minta
http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/
mintab@gmail.com

Jo said...

I love this. It has a luxurious feel to it, must be the swather of ribbon! Wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris
love your card, the hat finishes it off a treat, I also love the shape of the card.

? Did your dear friend make it to her daughter's wedding at the week-end, I was praying that she did.

hugs
Sandra (craftynan)

Doreen said...

Such a pretty Halloween card.Thanks for sharing this with us at Ooh La La.xxx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Chris, what a fabulous Halloween card, love the image and your papers and design is gorgeous. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Tanya R said...

WOW, this is jaw dropping beautiful.
Hugs
Tanya

Kelly Massman said...

Love your witch! She's so pretty! :-)

Wendi said...

Wow what a fabulous card I love the shape and the stitching and thats one gorgeous bow
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la
Wendi

Tosha Leyendekker said...

How fun and fabulous is this card Chris!! I LOVE that you made a circle easel card!! So clever!!

Michelle ~ daydreams505 said...

What a fun card Chris. I love the circle easel card design. I will have to give this a try soon. Have a fun day! :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Hi Mom!!!I love the circle easel card !!!The colors are just perfect!!Love meghan!!!!!

Denise said...

This has to be the cutest easel card I've seen. Wow, look at the work that went into this. The images, the colors, the gorgeous ribbon!!! Amazing!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Stampin' Royalty.

Heather said...

This is adorable! I love how you decorated the image and the fun raffia broom.

Thanks for playing along at Freshly Brewed Challenges.

Sarah said...

Such a cute image! Beautifully done!

SuzanneK said...

Gorgeous easel card, love the stamp and your colouring is fab. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, good luck. Cheers Suzanne

Michele Gross said...

Wonderful and I love the round shape of the card. Glad you played with us at Wee Memories!

Dawn B. said...

Awww what a sweet card.. I love the way you have her holding a spider. It looks great that way.. It is cooler here. I am ready for fall but not winter.. Love that you spend special time with your girls.. That's what makes memories..

Marley said...

Wow wow wow Chris! I really love how you turned this stamp into a halloween stamp! So creative.. love how it looks like she is holding the spider and the hat looks awesome!! Beautiful design papers and a great shaped easelcard!! Still fingers crossed for your AWESOME candy (they start to hurt! LOL) xx Marley

Frea said...

Love your card, especially the way you worked the ribbon behind the image. I do love Halloween, unfortunately it isn't a big thing in the Netherlands where I live. I made 2 Halloween cards for challenges, and really enjoyed it, but don't really know what to do with them. Nobody sends them or wants them :(.
Greetz, Frea

Claire said...

Just beautiful, really clever stamping! Thanks for joining us at LIIU and good luck
Claire xx

Bianca said...

This is so lovely! Thanks for playing with us at Stempel Magie! xx Bianca

Dragonlady said...

Hi Chris

Love how the witch is catching the spider - fabulous creation hun. Thank you for playing at LIIU.

Hugs Ali x

Gemma said...

a lovely spooky creation! Thanks for joining in the challenge at I Did it Creations! Gemma :)

Anneke said...

Hi Chris!
What a beautiful card!!
Love halloween :)
Hugs Anneke

Pattie said...

Oh so cute! How clever - I have that image and never thought of doing that! Thanks for using your punches and joining us at Stamp Something!

Scrapping Cat said...

This is amazing...love it...

Kras said...

You are very well colored. Large cute is this bear.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hands On said...

Love how you turned a scallop card into an easel card. Great work. Thanks for playing with Stampin' Royalty!

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous Chris!! I LOVE the colors...fantastic Halloween creation!

Lori said...

Oh, this came out so well! Love how you were able to alter this sweet little girl into a witch, just like a real costume!

coldwaters2 said...

Awesome shaped card Chris I love that image and your design is perfect as always.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Purple Card Lady said...

Cool card, love the shape. Thanks for joining us for Inktegrity's Hump Day challenge.

Jeanette said...

Love this card. You're using my newest fave color combo, purple and green. Thanks for joining us at I Did It Creations.

Denise (peanutbee) said...

Oh my....this is GORGEOUS and FUN all at the same time. Love that bright purple ribbon paired up with her. AWESOME!

Gina said...

Oh this is gorgeous! Love the vivd colors.

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohhh FUN!!!

Melodie said...

Wow, I love your awesome halloween-card.
Hugs
Melodie

Rebekah said...

What an adorable halloween creation, thanks for joining us at the creative cottage challenge this time hugs Rebekah xxx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Chris,
I can't tell you how much I have missed my visits to your blog. This card is gorgeous. I love the colours and layout. Beautifully crafted.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Suzi said...

Hi Chris, oh my this is just adorable, love the ribbon round the nestie and the image is adorable.
Thank you for joining us at The Pixie Cottage this week.
Hugs
Suzi x

Adrina said...

Wonderful creation, many ooohs and aaahs over here.
Thanks for joining the Pixie Cottage this week.
Adrina XX

pickle said...

Another absolute stunner xx

Carolyn said...

I love your round easel cards. They are so pretty. We don't get involved with Halloween much here either...other than the dress-up at school. I agree that the cards are fun to make though. I love how pretty that you made yours. The ribbon looks so cool on there.
Hope you have a great weekend.

Hugs,
Carolyn

Lindsey said...

Cute card! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week x

Schnipsel und mehr...die Papierwerkstatt said...

Oh what a fabulous halloween card, its so cute.
Thanks for playing us this week at Stempel-Magie.
hugs Andrea

6 wacky women said...

Such a fantastic card, Chris
Your creativness is absolutely
fabulous!!

Karen x

Courtney said...

This is adorable Chris! Thanks for FLYING along with us this week at Penny's!

~Courtney~
PPCC DT

Cheryl said...

wow and wow hun this is just brilliant
bless you for playing at the pixie cottage this week,hope too see you again soon love hugs cheryl xxx

Annelies said...

I'm not into Halloween, but this card is absolutely gorgeous! Hugs, Annelies

ML Design Works said...

This is sweet! I love the circle idea! Thank you for joining Fussy and Fancy! Lisa

Rosanne said...

Cute card! Thanks for playing along at Little Red Wagon!

alittlelessuseless said...

Thats one cute card! Love your colouring
Thanks for playing with Stamping Royalty this week
Gardenia

Ann said...

Love the details on this! Thanks for playing the WMC!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Hello my friend! Your creation is as awesome as all your work and so inspiring! GREAT JOB!! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood! Hope to see you again next challenge.

Emma and Susan said...

Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations, great card, good luck!
Love and hugs
Susan and Emma
xxx

Diane (djuseless) said...

What a wonderful Halloween card! Thanks for playing along with Inktegrity's Hump Day Inspiration!

Susan's crafty chaos said...

Wonderfully cute! Thanks for joining in with our challenge at HDH this week, and good luck! :D

Denise Clark said...

Fab card! Love the round shape with the easel card! Love the witch's broom and the way she appears to be holding that spider! Terrific job with the details!

Thanks so much for playing along with the challenges at Stamping Vacation! This earns you entry in the Nov 1st prize drawing!

Peggy said...

Another great card Chris!! Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Risa said...

What a stunning card Chris! Your image is gorgeous and I love your color combo! Thanks for joining us at TPC!
hugs
Risa:)

Kathryn Myhre said...

Fantastic job! Love it!

Joanna K said...

Beautiful project, lovely Halloween colours and the image is just adorable! Thanks for joining us at LIIU! ;))

Crafteezee said...

Hi Chris, beautiful card and well done in turning it into a Halloween one. It's a difficult one with so many cute stamps about but as I don't celebrate it I have no reason to buy them :(
Hugs Tracy x

Crafteezee said...

Oops, forgot to say, thanks for joining Crafts and Me this week. Good luck.
Hugs Tracy x.

Vixykins said...

This is so sweet and what a great image, love the design, thank you for playing at Crafts & Me x

Followers

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.