Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Subscribe to my blog via email

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

Our Daily Bread Designs Bread Basket

Thursday, October 7, 2010


Happy Thursday!!  I hope you are all having a good beginning to your day.  Today is crazy for me with posts.  This is my second post of the day, so please feel free to scroll down to my Fall creation in the next post.

Today is day two of sneak peaks at Wags n Whiskers!!  These images are so fun to color and I so have enjoyed seeing the creations my teammates have made.  Today I have the opportunity to share the fairy Rhiannon with you (which will be released tomorrow!!! Woo hoo!!).  I colored her with copics and decided to make a circle card rather than the standard rectangle or square.  The sentiment is from Whimsy's Ticket sentiments.



Card Recipe
Stamps: Rhiannon Fairy- Sneak peak from Wags n Whiskers to be release tomorrow
Whimsy Ticket sentiments
Accessories: Prima roses, recollections flower, Lacey Circles Nestabilities, Purple satin ribbon

challenges:
Stamptacular - Layer It On
The Creative Cottage #24 - bling
Paper Sundaes #38 - something from your stash (my pearl flourishes I hoard!!)
Catch The Bug  - Anything goes
Pollycraft Monday- Anything goes
Alphabet Challenge- w is for wings
Stamp Insanity- metal (gold baubles)
Stamp Something - Something to Celebrate
 Wild Orchid-Stitching
Paper Play- Ribbons, buttons or rhinestones
Karber Monthly challenge- fantasy
  Creative Card Crew- Bloomin Marvelous
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge-shaped cards
Moving along with the times- fairies/fantasy
Gingerloft- All that glitters or blings
Crafty Cardmakers- Step away from the Square


My second creation is for the Divine Diva Challenge.  Lori sent each of the Dt members this photo of packaged soaps:
I was inspired by the black and cream patterned paper in the left corner and by the shape of the label on the one above it.  For my creation, I made a card for a friend who is really suffering with cancer right now.  I used the Our Daily Bread Designs Full of Grace- Pray stampset.

This is a rather simple card for me but I love the simple elegance of the ivory and black and the lace ribbon detail.  I felt the distressed Labels 16 with the sentiment did not to be layered or framed any more.

card recipe:
Our Daily Bread Designs Full of Grace- Pray stampset
paper: Creative Imaginations
accessories: May Arts Ivory silk ribbon, MS punch, lace from my friend Sabrina (Thanks Sabrina!)

For more inspiration, please visit my dt sisters:

Anne
Lori
Donna
Julie
Kerri

Hope you are inspired to come and play along with the Divine Diva Challenge. Just leave a comment here with a link to your card. We can't wait to see what you create! The keyword for uploading on SCS will be DDIC37.

Thanks for stopping by today and for your sweet comments!! They are so appreciated!!  I hope you will be able join us for Your Next Stamp Release blog hop at 9 a.m. and the Whimsy Stamps Release hop at 12:00 EST!

blessings,

44 comments:

Marley said...

WOW! beautiful cards Chris! I love the card with the beautiful sentiment! So simple but so beautiful! love the borderpunch you have used and the lace on top! The big bow really finish the card!

The other card is really beautiful too!! love the shape of that card! The image is beautiful and awesome coloring!! Love the big flower! xMarley

Jules said...

Hi Chris

Stunning creations and fantastic photographs too .. .. what a talented lady you are.

Love Jules xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris
love both cards. The sentiment on the second card, I love it.
hugs
Sandra (craftynan)

Tracey said...

Two very gorgeous cards Chris!! I love the colours on the WnW one. And the other one is so elegant. Fantastic!! xx

Jan said...

Oh yeah!! Love the sentiment! Beautiful soft colors!

Patti J said...

These are so beautiful. They are soft and serene, and prayerful, if that makes sense! Wonderful work, as always - can't wait to see your other posts today!

Marjon said...

They are all so beautiful,great colours.
Love the sentiment.

Grtzz Marjon

jdmommy said...

How beautiful, Chris, and how YOU!! The punching and lace are such beautiful additions.....truly inspired! WOW! Great job.

Good Kardma by Jules said...

What a gorgeous card! Love the DP and the lace. Thanks for joining us at StampInsanity again!

Janis said...

Oh wow. These projects are so gorgeous! I love the large purple bow with the fairy and the ticket. Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

fi's cards and crafts said...

this is stunning and a fab fairy..Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

Fi

Lacey Stephens said...

Wow! both gorgeous cards!! I love the colors you used on the WnW card!! And I love the elegant look of your other card!!
Big hugs to you!!
~Lacey
Wags 'n Whiskers

Donna said...

Your Divine Diva card is stunning, Chris...so elegant! I love your fairy card, too. The colors in that one are just gorgeous!

Lori Rider said...

You have been a busy girl! I love all your cards, but especially the DDIC one (of course!) - it's gorgeous and elegant. You chose beautiful colors and images from the inspiration piece. Stunning card!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Beautiful, Chris! Both card are wonderful and I really love the elegance of the DDIC card. Perfect colors and lovely details.

Cammy said...

Wow! Absolutely stunning cards. I love the verse on the first one & beautiful colors. Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug this week!

Kerri said...

Both are just stunning, Chris! Your DDIC card fits the inspiration perfectly! Love that gorgeous dp and beautifully framed sentiment:)

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Chris, both creations are amazing! I just love all the layers under your little fairy, very nice! gorgeous colors, very feminine.
Thank's for playing along with us this week in our Stamptacular Layer-it-on challenge. Hope to see you again soon.
Hugs,
Danielle

CHARITY CRAFTER said...

This is gorgeous x Leigh x

carol said...

lovely shaped card, thanks for playing along with C.R.A.F.T. challenge this week, x carol

Jodie Mackrell said...

Your creations are amazing! love the fairy!
Thank you for joining us for our world card making day challenge at Bugaboo stamps!

Tammy Miller said...

Wow I love your project it is just awesome! Thank you so much for playing along in our Anything Goes challenge this week at Catch The Bug Challenge Blog.
I wanted to wish you luck and I hope you come back next week when we have some wonderful things planned and a very special Blog hop with lots of ways to win!
Tammy Miller DT Coordinator, Bugaboo Stamps

Natalie said...

Beautiful cards! Especially love the border punch on that second card and your design work, gorgeous!!

BearyWishes said...

Beautiful cards Chris and the one you made for the CRAFT Challenge is AWESOME!
Thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week.
Kathie xx

Nisson Family said...

I love all of your projects, they are so gorgeous! Thanks for participating in the Paper Playtime Challenge!

Pam

Crafty_Fairie said...

Stunning design thanx for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week good luck.

Kerry (GDT OCT)

Beth said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Danni said...

More wonderful and gorgeous creations!!

Cheryl said...

oh wow perfection just blow me away with your talent hugs cheryl xxxxx

Tami said...

WOW you have been busy. Your cards are amazing and thanks for playing at Gingerloft

Annette said...

Gorgeous creations, all! Love your shaped card. Thanks for joining us at the CRAFT Challenge this week.

alicaz said...

Stunning! Great cards ! Love the luscious purple ribbon you used!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Shana said...

Chris your cards are gorgeous! I love the new fairy and your use of a non-traditional card shape. Thank you for joining us at Paper Sundaes - we hope to see you again next week!

Sue said...

Hi Chris
wow two beautiful cards, luv the image & design of the top one, beautiful,thank you for joining us at The Creative Cottage this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Gorgeous card Chris.

Hugs,
Wendy

Lisa said...

Chris those soaps are so beautiful! I bet they smell incredible! Your project is so beautiful too...I just love looking at your work! Thanks for playing along with us at Pollycraft and Stamp Something :)
Hugs~

Denise said...

Such gorgeous cards! I love your fairy stamp :)

Gemma said...

Stunning cards, both of them, resally like the sentiment on your second one! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week, hope you will join the fun again next week. Happy crafting, Gemma

Rose said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T and good luck.

Rose xx

Gemma said...

some gorgeous creations there! Thanks for taking the time to join in this weeks Shaped Cards challenge over at C.R.A.F.T! Gemma :)

Trimgym said...

Great shaped card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck! Don't forget to check back with us again on Thursday for our new challenge and to check if you have won.

Jo and Tigerlover.

Carla aka scrappypug said...

Such gorgeous creations! I love that circle nestie and that fairy image is adorable! Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T Challenge this week!

Denise @ kc242 said...

HI Chris, Wow another stunner! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Creative Card Crew.
Denise
CCC DT

Stampin Mindy said...

Stunning, gorgeous card.

Thanks so much for joining us over at WOC this week!

Hugs, Mindy

Followers

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.