Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Subscribe to my blog via email

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

Our Daily Bread Designs Bread Basket

Sunday, October 3, 2010
Happy Sunday Everyone!! I hope you are all enjoying this beautiful weekend!!  Today is a new Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge!

Today's challenge is hosted by the sweet and talented Rebecca.  Rebecca chose the verse:
Gen. 1:1 In The Beginning GOD Created The Heavens and The Earth

My husband and I were just talking about the seasons and how beautiful they are.  Each one has their place and they are all so beautiful!! The leaves are beginning to change colors, the mums are out, and the air is getting crisper with each passing day.  I am in awe at God's handiwork!!  The earth is so much more beautiful than anything I could EVER create.   I call creation: God's Canvas.


Rebecca's challenge is:
Create a nature card or project, using anything pertaining to nature,birds,trees, flowers, mountains....the sky is the limit.

Here is my creation:
My card uses the new release Randi's song and the Brocade Background from Our Daily Bread Designs.  The leaf was embossed in white on black paper and cut out.  There is no designer paper on this creation.  All the black and white is stamps stamped on white cs.  The background paper is embossed with the Leaves folder from Cuttlebug.

The Stamp set Randi's song was named in honor of our DT sister Randi who is yet again battling with cancer.  This song has special meaning and significance to Randi and is near and dear to her heart.

Card Recipe:

stamps: Randi's song and the Brocade Background from Our Daily Bread Designs
paper: white and black
accessories: Leaves embossing folder, black May Arts ribbon from my dear friend Grace, silver baubles, Spellbinders Labels 14, Spellbinders Lacey circles, Spellbinders classic circles, EK Success border punch, button, silver cording 

challenges:
Incy Wincy- Anything goes
Stamp it Crazy- Free for all
Anything Goes- circles
Crazy 4 Challenges - Bling
Penny's Challenges- Circles
Wild Orchid- Ribbons and bows
Pollycraft Monday- no designer paper
Sew Many Challenges- Anything goes
Oh Alice- Use text in a different way- Dictionary nonsense

This week's sponsor is Nina Brackett  who is offering a free stampset!!

For more inspiration, please visit my dt sisters: 

Grace, Linda, Lisa, Peggysue, Randi, Meisje, Rebecca, Patti  and Cindy

For the full devotional and challenge details please visit the Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today and for your sweet comments.  Have a great day!!


blessings,




32 comments:

Marjon said...

Beautiful card,so serene.

Grtzz Marjon

Becky said...

What a gorgeous black and white card, that leave is divine..

Andrea said...

wow, this is STUNNING, what a beautiful card, with the black edges
I love it
hugs andrea

Thea said...

Hello Chris,
What a beautiful card in these two colors, amazing!
Hugs
Thea

Cheryl said...

oh wow wow wow hun this is truly amazing such detail wow love it hugs cheryl xxxx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Chris, that card is gorgeous and so beautiful to look at. With love and hugs Shirleyxx

Grace said...

This is stunning Chris! I love how you layered your focal point and the black and white is gorgeous!!!

Julie E said...

Chris, this is a stunning card. You write that you could never top nature, but this one is a beauty.

Marley said...

ohhhh beautiful card!! I love the black and white.. beautiful layers!! Absolutly stunning and so stylish!! xx Marley

Ms. Jen said...

Chris - this is so beautiful. I wonder how you outdue yourself over and over again. Super talent, that's how! Thanks for sharing.

Michele said...

Such a gorgeous card Chris. Love the colour combo and the layers also. Hugs Michele x

*Vicki* said...

Wow Chris!! This is just stunning girl!! Love the black and white with all those layers!! :) Happy weekend friend!

Crystal said...

Chris OH MY WORD this is totally GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this sweetie!! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!! Hugs!

Miesje said...

Oh my gosh - I absolutely LOVE it! What an amazing card - like all of yours are! But this one really is striking!

Lelia Pierce said...

Absolutely beautiful, Chris! I love the B&W and all the different shapes on your layers!

XXX

Shirley N said...

OMGosh Chris, this is absolutely gorgeous!!!

peggysue said...

Beautiful! I never would have thought of a black and white card for this challenge, but this works perfectly! Sooo glad you found the time to participate this week!

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Chris.

Hugs Riet.x

Lori said...

Black and white are so classic and elegant! This is amazing, love all the design in it. Just gorgeous.

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Chris this is stunning, so elegant and classy a beautiful design.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Georgei said...

what a beautiful card i like the black a white card very elegant thank for showing

Jean said...

I love the gorgeous design and the colors are so perfect for it.. great card.
Hugs Jean

Светлана said...

очень красиво!

Melodie said...

I'm speechless, your creation is so wonderful.
Hugs
Melodie

angelwhispers said...

What a classic just love black & white together. Thanks for joining us over at anything goes with this gorgeous creation just love it!! Chanelle xxxx

Gez said...

Classy card. Love the black/white combo. :) Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes..xx

Tina said...

Holy WOW, this is a beauty!

Jackie said...

WOW... I love this, totally fabby card Chris, Thank you for joining us at Pennys this week x

chris said...

Oh Chris this is so so elegant, its beautiful hugs chris xx

margie c said...

Wow, what a stunning and elegant card! I love the text dp that you used!
Thank you for playing along with us at Oh, Alice this week :)
hugs, margie

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Chris - what a fabulous card - I LOVE the B&W - it is so elegant! Love the layering too - gorgeous script DP - what a blessing you found the time to participate this week! Love it - thanks for sharing! {{{hugs}}}

Courtney said...

This is stunning Chris! Just beautiful! Thanks for playing along with our Circles Challenge at Penny's!

~Courtney~
PPCC DT

Followers

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.