Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Subscribe to my blog via email

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Saturday, October 9, 2010
Happy Saturday Everyone!! The weekend is here and it is going to be gorgeous!!  I am so excited!! I so love the fall temperature and the changing of the leaves!!

Today is the Shining the Light challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs and this week's challenge is perfect for fall!!


This week's Shining the light Challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs:
This week the team is challenging you to use leaves on your creation. It can be on your designer paper, your embellishments, or on your image. This does not mean to use gold leafing....unless you are gold leafing leaves.

To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize , a $ 15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Thursday,
October 14. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday.


While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them.As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing 1 to 2 creations to spotlight for our Shining the Light Award. In order to qualify for this award, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by October 14 at 8 p.m. EST.  If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC32. When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.

Here is my take on the challenge using the New ODBD Release Randi's Song and Vine Borders!! The papers are from Memory Box Gossamer. 

The leaves were cut out and paper pieced.  The border was embossed in gold.  The one long narrow panel behind the ribbon is stamped using text in the Randi's Song Stamp set.

Card Recipe:

Stamps:  New ODBD Release Randi's Song and Vine Borders
Paper: Memory Box Gossamer. 
Accessories: Silk ribbon, gold embossing powder, EK Success punch, gold baubles, metallic thread

challenges:
Incy Wincy- Sparkle and glitter
For Fun Challenges- Use something you have never used before (paper and baubles)
Stamp Something- Punch something (my border) 
Ooh La La- Nothing floral  Papertake weekly -pick your fave challenge of the last 3 years-  I chose "In Stitches" challenge from June 29th, 2010.
Wild Orchid-Stitching
Really Reasonable ribbon- Fall


For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my dt sisters:
Francie Gumprecht
Patter Cross
Sabrina Jackson

To join the challenge, please link your creation here.

Thanks for stopping by and for all your sweet comments. Enjoy your day and weekend!!
hugs,

35 comments:

Larisa said...

Fab card, lovely work xx

pickle said...

Absolutely gorgeous x

Julie E said...

Gorgeous! Paper piercing and all that stitching makes this fabulous!

Holly said...

oh Chris, this is really just so lovely. I don't think you could have picked a better paper to use! I love the piercing and your leaves.

Francie G. said...

Love the softness of this, Chris! The lovely DP is perfect for this beauty! Beautifully done! Just got this set, can't wait to use it!

Jan said...

beautiful and love the Autumn leaves!

Becky said...

This is gorgeous Christ, I love how you did this in pink and white, who would of thought pink and white leaves would look so good. :)

Marjon said...

Beautifully done,love the colours and all the sweet details.

Grtzz Marjon

Crystal said...

WOOOWEE Chris this is GORGEOUS look at all that stunning embossing.....I LOVE LOVE those leaves!!! This is beautiful!!!!

Patty said...

This is just beautiful. I love all the elements! Great Job!

Patti J said...

Love, love, love it, Chris! So beautiful!!! Have a wonderful weekend!

Lia said...

It's a beauty, very nice.

hugs Lia

A Cards Delight said...

Oh Chris this is just stunning work! Love everything from the gold embossing to the cut out leaves. Awesome designing and one gorgeous card!

Tracy said...

Beautiful subtle colours, and a gorgeous design.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Chrissy D said...

I just bought this stamp and think it is soooo BEAUTIFUL! Your card, with the stitching and the detailing of the dots is soooo stunning, Chris. Not even to mention the sentiment. Have a very blessed week!

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Chris,oh my goodness, this is so beautiful!!! From start to finish and all of the layers and embellishments....just PERFECTION!!! It is too amazing for words...really...WOW!!! I LOVE IT!! Have a fabulous and super blessed weekend my friend! Hugs, Sabrina

Bonnie - Really Reasonable Ribbon said...

Beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,Thanks for sharing this with us at Incy Wincy.xxx

♥♥ CHARITYCRAFTER! ♥♥ said...

So beautiful x leigh x

Marley said...

WOW! Look at this amazing card.. love the background paper cause it shows a bit of a tree and the leaves makes it perfect!! Perfect detail and the sentiment & the big bow are beautiful xxMarley

Wendi said...

Absolutely beautiful your papers are so pretty
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Karen Wilson said...

So pretty, Chris! I love the leaves. I have to admit, I love the beginning of fall, when everything is changing and the temps are still bearable. It's so pretty. But I tell, we have about 2-3" of leaves on our front lawn! I DON'T like that part! LOL!

Love your card, very pretty and elegant!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

That background is so pretty. I like how you made the border on the edge of the card.

Maria Matter said...

Beautiful Chris!!! such lovely details!!
hope you're enjoying your weekend my friend!
hugs & blessings!

Miss StampAlot said...

Ohhh.. Thios is a utterly butifoul card you have made.. Just love all the little details.. I have just stumbeld across you`re blog. OFFC i did like you`re candy and joined in at it.. Keep my fingers crossed, never won a candy before..

Hugs from Norway...

Marielle J.

Sue W said...

Really beautiful!!!

CraftinGranny said...

Beautiful card! Love your choice of papers. Thanks so much for joining us at For Fun this week. "Hugs" Carol

Melodie said...

Such a wonderful card, it looks very elegant.
Hugs
Melodie

otomys said...

What a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at For Fun Challenges this week!
Amelia x

Silke Ledlow said...

Chris this is another BEAUTY! Love the embossed leaves!!! Hugs ~S~

Patter Cross said...

This is SO gorgeous! I love the colors of the leaves that you chose! And the Memory Box paper was the perfect paper for this!!! Stunning! Have a blessed day dear Chris!!!!! :)

Debi said...

Lovely card Chris! Thank you for playing along with the Papertake Weekly challenge.

Lisa said...

Such a lovely card! Thanks so much for sharing it with us a FFC!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Hi Mom, I love the little girl and the cute teddy bear!!!!!I love your layout!!!The color are awsome!!!!Gorgeous!!!!!Love meghan!!!!

Stampin Mindy said...

This is amazing, I love the leaves and the bow!

Thanks so much for joining us over at WOC this week!

Hugs, Mindy

Followers

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.