Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

Please pray for my dear friend, Grace!!

You can contact me at

  • olsenc.glowbug@gmail.com

Today's Bible Verse...

Subscribe to my blog via email

Blogroll

Follow on Bloglovin
In accordance with FTC16CFR, Part 255, I declare that I currently receive or have received products that I promote and endorse for free or at a discount from the following companies: Our Daily Bread Designs and Perfect Presentations. These companies generously supply me with complimentary products for promotional purposes. ......... my enthusiasm in promoting their products does not stem from the fact that I am compensated by them, but because I love their products and feel their product lines and services to be superior in this industry.

The fine print

These are my personal creations. Please feel free to enjoy and use them for your own personal inspiration. They are however NOT to be copied, captured, or used in any way for publication, contests or sale without my express permission. I thank you for understanding.

Blog Archive

Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Splitcoast stampers Alumni

Design Teams

Our Daily Bread designs

ODBD Bread Basket

Saturday, August 14, 2010
Happy Saturday Everyone!!  I hope you are all having a good start to the weekend and that you have the kind of weather you would like.  While I love the sunshine, I am so hoping for rain here.  It is so dry!! Our lawn is dying and the watering of the bushes, trees and flowers around our yard is becoming cumbersome (we have over 100 bushes and trees and 4 flower gardens.  Oh well..I am not complaining, although it sounds like it. God does know best.

Anywho...today we have a new challenge for you at Our Daily Bread Designs.  This week's challenge is:

This week's challenge:Stamp more than once. Use a stamp or part of a stamp more than once on your creation.

To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize , a $ 15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Thursday, August 18. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday.


While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them. If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword ODBDSLC25. When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.

Now on to my take on the challenge:


Last week I created a Don't worry book for my daughter, Nicki, with several Bible verses.  This week I created a bookmark for her to use to place in her Bible when she wants to tag a passage she finds comfort from. 


  
This bookmark uses the Don't Worry set from Our Daily Bread Designs released on August 1 and the Spellbinders Labels ten die.  I created a rose out of ribbon and attached some ribbon.  I added the charm and stitching with silver thread.

CARD RECIPE:
Stamps: Don't Worry set from Our Daily Bread Designs
Accesories: Lavender paper, copics, ribbon, silver metallic thread, heart charm,
Spellbinders Labels ten die

challenges:
Sew Many Challenge -stitching
Paper take Weekly is having a something old, something new something borrowed or something blue challenge (new stampset, old ribbon from stash)
 Penny's Paper Crafty - Anything Goes
Kaboodle- metal accents I used metallic thread
Crafty Angels- something old and something new (new stampset, old ribbon from stash)
Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge- one for the girls (very girly I think)
Totally Stampalicious- one layer
Stamp With Fun- lilac
All That Scraps Wednesday Challenge- diecuts
ABC Challenge- August (flowers are definitely summer time and august)
Crafts & Me Challenges- purple and green
Little Red Wagon- summer theme (flowers)
Lili Of The Valley Thursday- spring summer or winter
If The Shoe Fits Scrap It- diecuts
Sweet Stampin Challenge Blog- favorite stamp (fave flower stamp at ODBD)

For more inspiration, please visit the challenge team:
Thanks for stopping by and for your comments!! Have a great weekend!!


Blessings,




33 comments:

Riet said...

This is so beautiful Chris.

Hugs Riet.xx

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Chris this is beautiful the verse, flowers and colours are totally awesome.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Denise (peanutbee) said...

Wow Wow wowwwwwwww! Looooove this! Ohhhh, the soft lavender and delicate ribbons are so pretty!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Chris,
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. This is a beautiful bookmark. Magnificent use of the image and wonderful colours. Who better to look to for inspiration than Corrie ten Boom.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Andrea said...

what a nice bookmark, love the colors
hugs andrea

Christine Riley said...

So gorgeous, love it!
Hugs, Christine

Patter Cross said...

So pretty Chris! I know she will cherish it! Blessings,

chris said...

Hi Chris such a beauty, love it. hugs chris xxx

Grace said...

Gorgeous bookmark Chris!!! Love the ribbons you used... just perfect in every way my friend! Oh BTW my phone is FIXED!!!!! Yay! Have a wonderful weekend!!!
Hugs,
Grace

Ms. Jen said...

This is really pretty Chris. And what a great idea for it too. I'm making a selection of bookmarks for my niece who always has her head in a book. I think I'll add one like this I love the sentiment!

Chrissy D said...

What a beautiful bookmark. I imagine the comfort and peace it will give her knowing that her mom is praying for her and the strength and courage she has comes from the LORD. She will be sure to rise up and call you blessed! Have a wonderful day, Chris.

Crystal said...

WOWZA Chris I LOVE this bookmark design!!! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! Have a GREAT weekend!!! Big Hugs!

Courtney said...

Oh, this is lovely! Thanks for playing along with us at Penny's. Good Luck!

~Courtney~
PPCC DT

Angelwood said...

That is a beautiful verse and lovely bookmark! Wonderful flower image and colored beautifully! You are too creative ;) hugs, Angela

Kimberly S said...

What a beautiful bookmark to go with her set of verses. Such lovely work Chris! :)

~Jeri~ said...

This is beautiful Chris! Your daughter will love having this bookmark and will think of you everytime she looks at it!

Thanks for joining us at Sew Many Challenges!

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Oh my, Chris, girl, you never cease to amaze me with your creativity!!! I am so blown away by this bookmark...so beautiful and so thoughtful!!! LOVE it!!! Have a fabulous weekend my friend!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Lena Katrine said...

Wow! This is georgeous!! Beautiful card in great colours and lovely details! Thanks for joining us at WOC this time - best of luck!
Hugs, Lena K

Patti J said...

So pretty, Chris! I love the soft and gentle colors that you chose. Thanks for sharing!!!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Beautifully design bookmark, such lovely colors!

Silke Ledlow said...

Another beautiful tag Chris!!! Love how you stamped the image over again!!! The colors are another beautiful detail :)!!! Have a wonderful weekend....we finally had rain tonight and I'm sending it your way :)!! Hugs ~S~

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous,love the image and beautiful colours.....and what a lovely gift!!!
Hugs xx

Melodie said...

Hi,
your bookmark is really wonderful. Great compliment.
Hugs
Melodie

Joanne said...

What a beautiful bookmark and what a beautiful idea! Thank you so much for sharing and thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon:)
Joanne xo

Tracey said...

this is gorgeous! i love this as a bookmark! thanks so much for sharing with us at the Shoe this week!

Dawny P said...

What a gorgeous bookmark :) I LOVE the flowers and sentiment. Thanks for joining us over at the LOTV & WOC challenges. Hugs, Dawny xxx

Andrea said...

A wonderful card - I like it so much - great color and details! Thanks for joining stamp with Fun.
Hugs
Andrea-Emmi41

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Awesome bookmark... beautiful!

Thanks for participating in the Stitchy SMC challenge this week!

lesleyworth said...

absolutely beautiful! so elegant! thanks for playing along with us at the Shoe!

Crafteezee said...

Oh wow Chris, this is just sooooo beautiful. Love it. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me.

Hugs Tracy x
P.S. I have candy on my blog if you want to pop over..

gina g said...

Gorgeous creation Chris. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me this week. luv gina xx

Val said...

This is really beautiful and a lovely verse. Thanks for joining Sweet Stampin' this week. Come back soon.
Hugs
Valx

Sheila Sanderson said...

Beautiful card, Chris.

Followers

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.